WELCOME

 First, a brief introduction: I'm a 78 year old artist living in Lake Charles, Louisiana. I have been making art for as long as I remember. I have a degree in fine art and have been in several art groups and associations. Currently I am a associated with the Artisans' Gallery here in Lake Charles.

When we moved here and retired about 5 years ago I realized that I had the chance to spend more time making art. To do that, I decided to convert an unused carport into my "studio." It's kind of makeshift structure, cold in the winter and hot in the summer (I installed a window a/c last week).  Truth be told I do almost as much cigar smoking as I do painting out there.

My first work was more focused on three dimensional art such as assemblages and what I call my "constructions." Sometimes these things sort of overlap and any distinctions are hard to make. More recently I've been focusing on painting and doing more representational work. My subjects vary widely and, tend to be more allegorical in nature with a lot of symbolism. The work below is a sample of my recent work. I call it DUCK SOUP.


Comments